Hey guys !
I currently need help with this problem, it goes like this
" Describe the relationship between Imperialism and WWI "
So far I the only detail I have is that they both wanted land in Africa,
anyone else have ideas ?
All the powers had some imperialistic ambitions that lead to the war:
- Russia wanted a warm water port/ control of dardanelles
- France wanted Alsace-Lorraine back, a formerly French territory that was taken in the earlier Franco-Prussian War
- Germany like you said, wanted land in Africa like the rest of the European powers and this caused tension between it and the others
- Italy wanted land from Austria-Hungary
- Serbia wanted Bosnia-Herzegovina from the Austrians
Pretty much, the war was just an excuse for everyone to grab some land.
Change your thoughts and you can change your world --- Norman Vincent Peale