I always see ads promoting energy conservation by telling us to unplug things we're not using like phone chargers. Is there any solid number in terms of how much money you save when you do that?
Hi Rocks = D
Here are some tips:
* Check your wiring. Disconnect all electrical appliances and turn off all lights, the meter should not mark consumption if the meter recorded consumption to check your installation, you might have a leak.
* Focus AhorradorUtilice compact fluorescent lamps, commonly called "saving" light up like, have extended life (up to ten times more than a common light bulb) and consume up to four times less. While its initial cost is slightly higher, the investment worthwhile. In the market there are quality brands such as Phillips, Osram and General Electric, which offer variety of models. Turn off the lights when you leave or when a use is not necessary.
* Place your refrigerator (fridge) away from heat sources. Open the door as little as possible. Do not enter hot food, let them cool before cooling.
* When you wash your clothes, your washing machine load completely avoiding use it to wash small loads, and reduce the washing sessions.
* Unplug appliances not in use.
* Maintain clean and / or replace your filter regularly vacuum and the engine will not overloaded.
* PlanchaAl use the irons, ironing clothes is required from low to high heat, iron the maximum amount for each meeting. Do not leave the iron switched on unnecessarily.
* When using air conditioning units, try to isolate the best possible roof and walls. Insulated walls exposed to the sun can save up to 30% of consumption. To prevent the sun go directly, you can rely on elements such as canopies, eaves, metal shutters, tinted windows, etc.., Avoiding excessive use of air conditioning.
All of these tips are great for light but save energy savings without creating them yourself, here I leave you a very good website explaining all about the free energy. I hope something will help http://free-energy-now.com/
Washing only a full load in cold water. Saves 220 water heater.
Try not to use oven till cold weather. 220 runs ac more too. If it is gas, it runs the ac more.
Keep the sun out.
Caulk around the windows.
When not using anything, turn off.
Put fridge and hot water heater on save.
Keep thermastat over 75 in summer.
Under 75 in the winter.
Use fan to draw air through the rooms.
Use fan in room you hang in. And where you sleep.
You can save from $75.00 to $200.00.
Watch your out side lights. A timer can be set on those.