I've tired of looking through cookbooks and I don't want to go to the store tonight. So does anyone know of a good meal to make that most likely consisits of ingredients I have in my home already? Thanks for your help.
Tuna sandwich with tomato soup, easy, good and will hit the spot. Hope you have this in your house.
Try this easy open-face sandwich
Toast a piece of bread, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on it
add a big thick slice of home grown tomato on it, sprinkled with salt and pepper
add slices of cooked bacon on top of the tomato
cover with slices of velveeta cheese so it covers the whole sandwich
broil in the oven until cheese melts (not too long you will need to watch it carefully so it doesn't catch on fire)
then enjoy one of the best tasting sandwiches you'll ever eat!!!
Strawberry Angel Food Cake
1 storebought Angel Food cake, torn into bite sized pieces
1 (8oz.) package no fat cream cheese, softened
1 (12 oz.) container light whipped cream
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 lbs. fresh strawberries, sliced
With electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, whipped cream and powdered sugar.
In a large clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake, spread half of the cream cheese mixure over that, then half of the strawberries. Repeat layers, ending with strawberries.
Chill until ready to serve.
If you have some pork chops place them in a deep baking pan
peel as many potatoes as you need half them, quarter some carrots and slice and onion.
Place all vegies in the pan around the chops salt and pepper
add a little butter and worchestershire sauce
add 2 cups of water cover with tin foil and bake in preheated oven til done about 45 mins.
Depends on what you have on hand. Bacon & egg sandwiches are always good.
/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 t. dried basil
2 T. olive oil
1 lb. Italian-style chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
1 lb. campanelle pasta
8 oz. whole-milk ricotta
16 oz. plain canned tomato sauce
Saute the onion in the olive oil until lightly browned. Then add the quarter-inch rounds of chicken sausage and brown.
While you are doing this, cook the pasta in boiling water. Drain the pasta and place in a warm bowl. Add the ricotta and tomato sauce and mix well. Add the hot sausage, onion, and basil, toss, and serve.
Grilled cheese, minestrone soup and some fresh fruit. Too hot to cook!
nacho platter ole'
1 can refried beans
8 oz to 11 oz tortilla chips
1 can chili
1 jar (16 oz.) cheez whiz or 4 oz. melted velveeta
spread beans on platter
arrange chips around beans
heat chili , pour over beans
microwave cheez whiz or velveeta when melted pour over chili
garnish w/tomato and sour cream.
THAI CHICKEN FETTUCCINE SALAD
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
lettuce or savoy cabbage leaves (optional)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup peanut halves
1/4 cup thin red pepper strips, cut into halves
additional salsa (optional)
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, combine 1 cup salsa, peanut butter, honey, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup salsa mixture.
4. Place pasta in large bowl. Pour remaining salsa mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat.
5. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook and stir chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes until chicken is browned on the outside and no longer pink in center.
6. Add reserved salsa mixture; mix well.
7. Arrange pasta on lettuce-lined platter, if desired. Place chicken mixture on pasta. Top with cilantro, peanut halves and pepper strips.
8. Refrigerate until mixture is cooled to room temperature. Serve with additional salsa. Garnish, if desired.
1. pasta salad
2. grilled chicken breast, fried cream corn, peas, sliced tomato's and cucumbers in italian dressing
3. blt sandwiches with chips and pickles